MyRazzles Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MyRazzles Forums

Welcome to MyRazzles Online Forums

HomeTodaySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
l:   WEBSITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION    WEBSITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!     

HI, RAZZLES. THIS SITE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION. THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE!
Welcome to MyRazzles!
Latest topics
» MyRazzles 2016
Spring/Summer Sweets Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 9:01 pm by countrybelle2004

» Welcome!
Spring/Summer Sweets Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2015 9:30 am by flipper09

» Member Introductions
Spring/Summer Sweets Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2015 9:29 am by flipper09

» Hi!
Spring/Summer Sweets Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2015 9:26 am by flipper09

» hello!
Spring/Summer Sweets Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 10:13 am by flipper09

» Nancy Drew
Spring/Summer Sweets Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 10:11 am by flipper09

» Welcome to the group
Spring/Summer Sweets Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 10:07 am by flipper09

» new game on gamehouse
Spring/Summer Sweets Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 10:05 am by flipper09

» Delicious: Emily's New Beginning
Spring/Summer Sweets Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 3:17 pm by flipper09

Spring/Summer Sweets

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Shamashe
Member.
Member.
Shamashe

Spring/Summer Sweets Empty
PostSubject: Spring/Summer Sweets   Spring/Summer Sweets Icon_minitimeFri Apr 16, 2010 9:02 pm

OK, I have to admit, ever since I saw Julie and Julia, I've been thinking of how to make that chocolate pudding pie she made when she got home. I actually found that recipe from the movie (let me know if you want it), but that recipe uses a lot of ingredients, more than it shows in the movie, so I haven't made it.

In place of that idea, this one's from Jello. I'm messing with the recipe by using non-fat or sugar free to see how it goes, but the original recipe is for Creamy Lemon Pie - it only takes a few minutes to make. I spent more time buying the items than making it :-))

1-3/4 cup cold milk
2 small (4 serving size) packages Jello Vanilla Instant Pudding mix
1 small can frozen lemonaide (6 oz size)
1 tub (8 oz) CoolWhip thawed
1 pre-made graham cracker crust

Mix mIlk and pudding mix together with whisk for 30 sec. Add frozen lemonaide, mix 30 more sec. Add cool whip, mix and pour into crust, let set for about 2 -4 hours to firm.

NOTE: My experimental variations:
Next time, I would use an electric blender and then use a whisk. It needs more air.

I used non-fat milk - it was OK. I'm also going to try rice milk.

The "4 oz" pudding mix says "4-1/2 servings" size. Next time, I may try a small box (4 oz) and a large box (6 oz) as more pudding seems to work a little better with the non-fats. Also, going to try sugar free.

I cut a regular size (12 oz) frozen lemonaide in half, but ended up using the other half for more flavor. Problem was, the pie never fully set up, I think due to the extra lemonaide. They really mean 6 oz! I also squeezed a little lemon juice into it - tasted great, but I think it was too much acid for the dairy. Next time, I'll try sugar free.

I used partially thawed, non-fat cool whip with no problem.

I would double the crust next time or maybe go with mini's.

As some of this didn't set, I poured it out and added more dry pudding mix which firmed it up. I also saved some and poured over Broccoli - really good, but would be better if using lemon juice instead of lemonaide. I could see adapting this recipe into a cheese sauce or adding an egg or butter? I never thought of using pudding as a cooking base for main foods, I may try it as a pasta sauce?

If you make this, please let me know how it goes for you. Meanwhile, I may just buy Edward's Key Lime Pie - expensive, but worth it!
Back to top Go down
mohala
MOD.
MOD.
mohala

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Summer Sweets   Spring/Summer Sweets Icon_minitimeSun Apr 18, 2010 1:07 pm

I loved Julie and Julia. I watched it two weekends ago on cable. Great recipes.That movie put you in the mood to want to cook!
Back to top Go down
mohala
MOD.
MOD.
mohala

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Summer Sweets   Spring/Summer Sweets Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 10:08 am

Popcorn Balls

It may sound corny, but these popcorn balls are bound to become a family favorite. A sweet and salty mix, they make for great snacks that are simple to prepare. You'll have a difficult time staving off the urge to eat them all yourself.

Ingredients
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, plus more for buttering hands 10 oz. miniature marshmallows 1/4 cup light-brown sugar, firmly packed 3 qt. popped popcorn 1 cup M&Ms

Methods/steps
Melt butter in a large heavy pot over low heat. Add marshmallows and brown sugar, and stir until melted. Remove from heat. Pour popcorn and M&Ms into pot; toss well. With buttered hands, shape into 2 1/2-inch balls. Set on parchment-lined baking sheet to dry slightly.

Additional Tips
Ready in 20 min
Back to top Go down
mohala
MOD.
MOD.
mohala

PostSubject: Lemon Cream Fruit Dip   Spring/Summer Sweets Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 2:11 pm

Lemon Cream Fruit Dip

This is a great summer dip. Serve it with chips, fresh bread, fish, and even with Middle Eastern food.

Ingredients
2 eggs
1 cup granulated sugar, divided
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 tbsp. cornstarch
1/2 cup water
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup (1/2 pint) whipping cream, whipped

Methods/steps
In bowl, beat together eggs, 1/2 cup sugar and lemon juice. In saucepan, combine remaining 1/2 cup sugar and cornstarch; stir in water. Cook and stir until thickened; remove from heat. Gradually beat in egg mixture. Over low heat, cook and stir until slightly thickened. Add vanilla extract; cool. Fold in whipped cream. Serve with fresh fruit. Refrigerate leftovers.
Back to top Go down
countrybelle2004
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Summer Sweets   Spring/Summer Sweets Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 11:31 pm

That Lemon Cream Dip sounds so delicious. Yummy!!

Spring/Summer Sweets Eating
Back to top Go down
https://myrazzles.forumotion.net
mohala
MOD.
MOD.
mohala

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Summer Sweets   Spring/Summer Sweets Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 6:56 pm

I tried this with the fresh fruit a friend brought me. It's delicious!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Spring/Summer Sweets   Spring/Summer Sweets Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Spring/Summer Sweets
Page 1 of 1