MyRazzles Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MyRazzles Forums

Welcome to MyRazzles Online Forums

HomeTodaySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
l:   WEBSITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION    WEBSITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!     

HI, RAZZLES. THIS SITE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION. THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE!
Welcome to MyRazzles!
Latest topics
» MyRazzles 2016
I'm a pill head and sick of it!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 9:01 pm by countrybelle2004

» Welcome!
I'm a pill head and sick of it!! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2015 9:30 am by flipper09

» Member Introductions
I'm a pill head and sick of it!! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2015 9:29 am by flipper09

» Hi!
I'm a pill head and sick of it!! Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2015 9:26 am by flipper09

» hello!
I'm a pill head and sick of it!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 10:13 am by flipper09

» Nancy Drew
I'm a pill head and sick of it!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 10:11 am by flipper09

» Welcome to the group
I'm a pill head and sick of it!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 10:07 am by flipper09

» new game on gamehouse
I'm a pill head and sick of it!! Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 10:05 am by flipper09

» Delicious: Emily's New Beginning
I'm a pill head and sick of it!! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 3:17 pm by flipper09

I'm a pill head and sick of it!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Scarlet
Scarlet

I'm a pill head and sick of it!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I'm a pill head and sick of it!!   I'm a pill head and sick of it!! Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 6:58 am

Hi Trina,

My post is coming late obviously but I think that everyone has given advice that is very good. Smile I don't like having to be dependent on medication, either, unless I have no choice. There usually are alternatives to them so I try to seek those out. I'm not sure if that would work in this case but I sure hope so. Smile
Back to top Go down
countrybelle2004
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I'm a pill head and sick of it!!   I'm a pill head and sick of it!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 9:52 am

That's possible. It's been awhile since I had a full on panic attack and maybe I just had forgotten what it felt like. I doubt this has anything to do with it but about 8 last night I took 2 of Tylenol's simply sleep and one of my husbands things for his muscle cramps (my left leg drove me nuts) and I woke up this morning feeling much better.

I just hope it lasts. The last couple days have been rough. lol

Thanks Shamashe and Mohala. Thinking on it I do remember my panic attacks causing the "heart attack" feeling. I thought I was through with these. I'm not complaining, it's been quite awhile since I have had one. So, I'm blessed in that aspect. That's very true, they only go away when they want to. I won't lie, things are pretty stressful around here right now. I do feel totally overwhelmed. Do you ever get so far behind that you just throw your hands up thinking your never gonna catch up anyway? That's kinda our atmosphere right now.

I know it won't always be this way, it just takes time to get them sorted out, and everything in order. We have a baby due here in 3 weeks. That's not stressful. (lol)
It will all come together, I know it will. Sometimes I just need a reminder. Thanks alot.
Back to top Go down
https://myrazzles.forumotion.net
Shamashe
Member.
Member.
Shamashe

PostSubject: Re: I'm a pill head and sick of it!!   I'm a pill head and sick of it!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 1:06 am

Hi guys, Before I launch off on yet another advice giving essay, I'll ask if you all want a semi-medical response to the "pill" posts. There are several issues that pertain and may bring some illumination to this subject - yes, one near and dear to my own heart. Let me know?
Back to top Go down
Shamashe
Member.
Member.
Shamashe

PostSubject: Re: I'm a pill head and sick of it!!   I'm a pill head and sick of it!! Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 1:03 am

Yup, it's called a panic or anxiety attack. People sometimes think they are having a heart attack. Remember to breathe - long and slow - here's a technique: using a slow count of 6 or 8, breathe like ocean waves. 6-8 counts in, hold for 6-8, then out for 6 - 8 counts out. Do this a few times, you'll know what's appropriate for you. It really helps! :-)) Also, make sure you drink enough water, when it's cold, we tend not to. The ratio is: drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces per day. Drinks other than water count as half and remember that tea/coffee/colas are dehydrating. Many blessings - smile and laugh, it creates endorphins. Laughing
Back to top Go down
mohala
MOD.
MOD.
mohala

PostSubject: Re: I'm a pill head and sick of it!!   I'm a pill head and sick of it!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 5:42 pm

It sure can Trina.For me that is called panic mode. I hate it but what can you do but ride it out. It stops when it wants to not when you want it to. But the good thing is sleep makes it all go away for awhile. I'm a pill head and sick of it!! Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
countrybelle2004
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: I'm a pill head and sick of it!!   I'm a pill head and sick of it!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2010 3:20 pm

I tried to do without taking the pills today but that did not work out so well. I woke up this morning with shakiness and my heart racing. After a couple hours, I took them. I'm not real sure what's going on with me if that is all from skipping the prescribed dose yesterday. If it is, this is crazy. If not, I don't know...stress? Can stress make you shaky and your heart race?
Back to top Go down
Candycrazy

PostSubject: Hi, fellow pill head!   I'm a pill head and sick of it!! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 5:01 pm

From now on I am going to check the side effects of every new prescription I get and put it on my refrigerator. I have taken myself off of different pills. This last one was a doozy. It caused my ribs to hurt, gave me shortness of breath, and fatigue. In the past five years I have been on everything from pills for altitude sickness to nerve pills. The altitude sickness pills were to bring down the pressure in my eyes but, all they did was make me sick. Right now I am taking: Nighttime Theraflu, Hyzaar, Xanax, Prevacid, Insulin, aspirin, ambien, and Lexapro. Over the weekend I was having to take Benadryl because of the side effects from the Bactrime that I have been taking for two years. And have you ever noticed that there is a good chance that you will see a pharmaceutical company rep. when you go to the doctor. Cruises every year for "medical conferences". Meals. And those are the kickbacks that I personally know of. I was given Prozac for depression over 10 years ago and you know how that went. They personally made me a nervous wreck and after a week I refused to take them. I was on Neurontin for 2 years. It started making me more and more depressed. Something I had finally gotten a grip on! It was supposedly for the neuropathy in my feet. I took myself off of them. Two pills I were given made me gain over 80 pounds in less than a years time. My exercise habits and diet hadn't changed. Now there is a class action suit against one of them because it causes bloating and fatigue. On the other hand, my eye doctor literally saved my eye sight in my right eye. It was to the point where I was going blind. I have already lost 95 percent of the eyesite in my left eye. This doctor gave me a series of shots on his own dime. All I had to do was buy the medication. My insurance company said that the medication was experimental and refused to cover it. He gave me thousands of dollars worth of services and didn't charge me for it. Today my eyesight is much better. I can't read my beloved books but, with a zoom program I have my computer. More importantly I can see my dear husband's face, my mother's gentle smile, and my father's laughing eyes! I told my husband that if I have to start taking anymore pills he will be able to hear me rattling while I walk! LOL I feel your pain! Candy
Back to top Go down
countrybelle2004
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: I'm a pill head and sick of it!!   I'm a pill head and sick of it!! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 11:15 am

I am so peeved! I am so tired of all these pills. I cut back..against doc's orders but I was taking so many pills that I would feel full, as if I had just had my breakfast, or lunch.

So I have been dealing with the effects from that..dealing best I can. But I have been off and on different pills for my narcolepsy. (Mild case, but still life threatening if I drive or something without meds. Nevermind trying to stay awake to do anything.)
Well I keep changing pills..three side effects or 10 per pill. My doc has had me on tramadol for years for my headaches and since they hyped me up we thought maybe I could forgo the other pills and use this. This means I have to take them 2 in the morning, 2 in the afternoon. As usual when you take something to long, you have to up the dose. But I take 4 in the morning and skip my afternoon dose.

This is causing my memory problems. I put something up and in 10 mins have no clue where I put it. I fuss thinking the kids did it only to find it and then remember (sometimes) that I did it.

I am trying to quit these. Turns out that I am addicted to this non addictive medication. If I don't take them I feel fluish, angry, emotional...whining and crying for no reason. I am so mad. I get the shakes and what feels like little fireworks in my head.

I want to stop them because of my memory and now that I know what happens when I don't take them. Now it has me in a panic, 'What if I run out before my refill or doc's appt.? I'm gonna be a disaster."
That's the sign of an addict. Panic over maybe running out. I'm losing my mind.

So, now to top it off I have felt totally miserable, hopeless and crying for no reason (with the pills) and get to start anti depressants again. And maybe I need them. I have been at the end of my rope lately. Overwhelmed, uptight, but on the other hand sad, uncaring about much of anything..even my games that I love to play.

I don't think I'm so upset about the anti depressants as I am the fact that I'm now addicted to pills that the doc has had me on that are "non addictive".

I want to scream, cry...hide in a closet, stay in bed....I go through this usually in the winter season from seasonal depression but I'm doing all the things I should for that. Bright lights, upbeat music, well some of them. I don't really care about exercise right now.

Most days I run around just before my husband gets home to clean up the house..then sometimes I don't and dare him to say anything. Just that look I give him that says, "If you value your life, keep your mouth shut!"

I guess it will pass but I'm so tired of all this. I really don't appreciate being addicted to these pills either. I never got why my kids called them my happy pills. Well so much for that.

I think I'm losing my grip on life and reality. Ugh!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm a pill head and sick of it!!   I'm a pill head and sick of it!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm a pill head and sick of it!!
Page 1 of 1