MyRazzles Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MyRazzles Forums

Welcome to MyRazzles Online Forums

HomeTodaySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
l:   WEBSITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION    WEBSITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!     

HI, RAZZLES. THIS SITE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION. THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE!
Welcome to MyRazzles!
Latest topics
» MyRazzles 2016
Me Time, Wk 3 Activity 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 9:01 pm by countrybelle2004

» Welcome!
Me Time, Wk 3 Activity 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2015 9:30 am by flipper09

» Member Introductions
Me Time, Wk 3 Activity 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2015 9:29 am by flipper09

» Hi!
Me Time, Wk 3 Activity 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2015 9:26 am by flipper09

» hello!
Me Time, Wk 3 Activity 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 10:13 am by flipper09

» Nancy Drew
Me Time, Wk 3 Activity 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 10:11 am by flipper09

» Welcome to the group
Me Time, Wk 3 Activity 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 10:07 am by flipper09

» new game on gamehouse
Me Time, Wk 3 Activity 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 10:05 am by flipper09

» Delicious: Emily's New Beginning
Me Time, Wk 3 Activity 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 3:17 pm by flipper09

Me Time, Wk 3 Activity 3

Go down 
AuthorMessage
countrybelle2004
Admin
Admin

Me Time, Wk 3 Activity 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Me Time, Wk 3 Activity 3   Me Time, Wk 3 Activity 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 9:31 am

Let us know how you feel after your Me Time activity. I hope you will all share your own secrets for masks, dry skin, puffy eyes, etc.
Me Time, Wk 3 Activity 3 Makeup
Back to top Go down
https://myrazzles.forumotion.net
countrybelle2004
Admin
Admin

Me Time, Wk 3 Activity 3 Empty
PostSubject: Me Time, Wk 3 Activity 3   Me Time, Wk 3 Activity 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 16, 2010 8:43 am

**I know this looks long and complicated but it's not. Well, long...yes, but not complicated at all. Promise!!

What You Need:

Cucumber slices or tea bags for your eyes
Towels and washcloths
Facial cleanser
Facial Exfoliator
Facial mask
Facial moisturizer
A relaxing place to lie down
Aromatherapy spray (optional)
Relaxing music (optional)
30 minutes to an hour free time (Not optional. Make Time!)
Light some aromatherapy candles if you'd like!!

1. Get prepared: Gather your supplies so you won't need to go looking for something you need later on, which would completely ruin the mood. This includes: 2 slices of cucumber or freshly steeped tea bags, turning on relaxing music and clearing a place to relax and lie down when your mask is working.

If you have long hair, pull your hair completely back. Use a headband to hold stray hair and bangs out of your face.

2. Cleanse: Clean your face using your basic facial cleanser and warm water. Use circular motions with your washcloth to get a nice gentle clean. If you have eye makeup on, gently remove it with eye makeup remover. Rinse your face clean.

3. Exfoliate: Exfoliation is the key to smooth healthy skin. Apply a nickle-size dollop of facial exfoliator to your face and gently exfoliate your skin, being careful not to get the exfoliator too close to your eyes. Don't forget to to pay attention your neck and chest, because these areas show skin blemishes and aging just as much as your face does.When you're finished exfoliating, rinse face clean.

4. Open Pores: My favorite part of a facial is when they apply hot damp towels to my face, leaving only a small opening by my nose to breath. You can do this easily at home. Have your aromatherapy spritz handy, lie down and grab your damp hot towel.

STEAM
Steaming hydrates and softens the skin. It will help to soften the plugs that cause whiteheads and blackheads.

After steaming, the whiteheads and blackheads can be more easily removed with a mask.

Option A

-Put the middle of the towel on your chin and wrap the ends up and around your forehead, spreading out the sides to envelope the sides of your face. (Leave a small opening at your nose.) Spritz a couple sprays of aromatherapy spray in the air. You could also put a drop or two of essential oils on your towel for the same effect.
Relax for a few minutes while your pores open.

Option B

-Drape a towel over your head.
-Fill a sink or wash basin with hot boiling water. (Add aromatherapy oil to water. Lavendar is great for relieving stress.)
-Lean over the top of the basin (about 20 cm away) to capture the steam.
-Do this for 5 - 10 minutes.
-Pat the face dry with a clean tissue or soft towel.
-Cover your fingers with tissue paper before removing any blackheads, gently.

- -Aromatherapy fragrances really make this part extraordinary. You'll also be treating your stress or anxiety while treating your face.

5. Apply Mask: Using a mask best suited for your skin type, apply with your fingers, or if you'd like to mimic the spa, use a paint brush.

-Make sure you apply a good amount of mask to all areas of your face, neck and chest, but avoid the eyes.
Most masks need to sit for a good 10 minutes.

(***No need to run out and buy a mask. Mix oatmeal and honey together. Add enough water to make a spreadable paste. I use raw oats, but some people swear by cooked, cooled oatmeal. You choose!)

****IMPORTANT- If you have nothing to make a mask from then MUST use something to tighten your pores back up!!

Other options include rubbing either lemon or ice thoroughly over your face for a couple minutes. On that note, after a hot bath or hot shower be sure to rinse your face with coldest water possible...or ice, as mentioned above. You may not intentionally be opening your pores, but it's happening in the steam all the same.

6. Treat your eyes: Lie down in a comfortable spot and place your cucumber slices or tea bags on your eyes. This is a good time to relax to your music and enjoy the moment.

-I have heard that cucumbers have no other purpose than making you close your eyes and relax, as well as the lovely smell. True? I do not know. If you want to use something that is known to make a difference then use the tea bags as mentioned, or better yet, (My Personal Fave) use chamomile tea bags.

7. Rinse- Using a warm wet towel, wipe off your mask making sure you pay special attention the areas around your nose and your hair line, which are easy targets for left-behind mask.

8. Moisturize: The final step is to apply your moisturizer. Feel free to give yourself a slight massage while applying, concentrating on your temples.

***Tea Bag Prep- The tea bags only need to steep for about 2 minutes, after which they should be set aside on a plate or other nonabsorbent surface to cool while you enjoy your tea.

When the tea bags are cool to the touch but still damp, lie back, close your eyes and place one tea bag over the puffy skin under each eye. Leaving this compress in place for about 15 minutes usually produces noticeably tighter looking and feeling skin, although effects can sometimes be felt and seen after only about 5 minutes of soaking.
Back to top Go down
https://myrazzles.forumotion.net

Me Time, Wk 3 Activity 3
Page 1 of 1