MyRazzles Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MyRazzles Forums

Welcome to MyRazzles Online Forums

HomeTodaySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
l:   WEBSITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION    WEBSITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!     

HI, RAZZLES. THIS SITE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION. THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE!
Welcome to MyRazzles!
Latest topics
» MyRazzles 2016
Is Reflexive shutting down for good? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 9:01 pm by countrybelle2004

» Welcome!
Is Reflexive shutting down for good? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2015 9:30 am by flipper09

» Member Introductions
Is Reflexive shutting down for good? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2015 9:29 am by flipper09

» Hi!
Is Reflexive shutting down for good? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2015 9:26 am by flipper09

» hello!
Is Reflexive shutting down for good? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 10:13 am by flipper09

» Nancy Drew
Is Reflexive shutting down for good? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 10:11 am by flipper09

» Welcome to the group
Is Reflexive shutting down for good? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 10:07 am by flipper09

» new game on gamehouse
Is Reflexive shutting down for good? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 10:05 am by flipper09

» Delicious: Emily's New Beginning
Is Reflexive shutting down for good? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 3:17 pm by flipper09

Is Reflexive shutting down for good?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Scarlet
Scarlet

Is Reflexive shutting down for good? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is Reflexive shutting down for good?   Is Reflexive shutting down for good? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 02, 2010 2:00 am

Ahh I read this on Gamezebo as well which would explain what's going on. Fortunately, I only bought a couple of games from Reflexive but I'm wondering for those who've bought a lot of games from there and after the site no longer will exist. At least with the Big Fish/Playfirst merger, games bought from Playfirst could still be downloaded-just a different server and all that. A different case here, I think.
Back to top Go down
mohala
MOD.
MOD.
mohala

PostSubject: Re: Is Reflexive shutting down for good?   Is Reflexive shutting down for good? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 11:23 am

Here's some info I came across today.

Reflexive Entertainment has just announced plans to stop selling games through its Game Center Solutions affiliate program in order to focus entirely on game development. In a letter sent to Game Center Solutions affiliates, Reflexive Entertainment CEO Lars Brubaker wrote that the Game Center Solutions Program would continue its business as usual, which includes web support and payment of referral fees on game sales, until June 30.

"You will continue to have access to the Control Center until July 31, 2010 at which time we will distribute your final royalty report to the email address we have on file and our agreement with you governing the Game Center Solution Affiliate Program will terminate," Brubaker continued.

"We wish you all the best and hope that we will have more opportunities to work together in the future."

Reflexive Entertainment was acquired by Amazon in Oct. 2008, and through Game Center Solutions became the supplier of all of the games in Amazon's Game Downloads section. In addition, the company sold games through its own portal, Reflexive Arcade.

An Amazon spokesperson confirmed with Gamezebo that after June 30 Reflexive will be shifting its business to focus entirely on game development and that games will no longer be available for purchase on Reflexive.com.

On March 26 Gamasutra published a story speculating that Amazon was about to significantly expand its digital downloads services after job postings went up on Amazon for positions relating to digital software, Web development, and developing "exciting new customer experience in video games."

Earlier this year, PlayFirst also left the distribution side of the business to focus on developing and publishing games. For game developers, the announcement means they have one less place to sell their games, putting them in an even tighter squeeze to make a profit.

So like CB mentioned, I wonder if this is another April Fools prank? I posted one I read on Gamezebo, in the Gamezebo thread today.
Back to top Go down
countrybelle2004
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Is Reflexive shutting down for good?   Is Reflexive shutting down for good? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 6:56 am

Scarlet, I did not find much info. I found a tidbit about Amazon eyeing reflexive.com, another that said they sold or joined a partner in October 2008, and the only other theory is that is simply an April Fools joke.

In the forums members are speculating and some say that reflexive is going to concentrate on game development only.

I know that's not helpful but all I could find was speculation. Maybe some explanation will hit the web today.
Back to top Go down
https://myrazzles.forumotion.net
Scarlet
Scarlet

PostSubject: Is Reflexive shutting down for good?   Is Reflexive shutting down for good? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 1:02 am

HI all,

I was checking out Reflexive earlier and saw some important info on the upper right page:

http://www.reflexive.com/index.php?AID=827

For those who don't want to go on the page, I'll copy and paste what is on there:

Important Message

Valued Customers,

As of June 30th, 2010, games will no longer be available for
purchase on Reflexive.com.

Please be sure to install and activate your purchases prior to
July 31st, 2010.

I'm wondering if anyone knows what is going on with Reflexive. I've bought a couple of games from there in the past and they're all installed on my comp but I worry if the site is shutting down for good and we need to reinstall our games again. :/
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Reflexive shutting down for good?   Is Reflexive shutting down for good? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is Reflexive shutting down for good?
Page 1 of 1