MyRazzles Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MyRazzles Forums

Welcome to MyRazzles Online Forums

HomeTodaySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
l:   WEBSITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION    WEBSITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!     

HI, RAZZLES. THIS SITE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION. THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE!
Welcome to MyRazzles!
Latest topics
» MyRazzles 2016
Something To Make You Think Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 9:01 pm by countrybelle2004

» Welcome!
Something To Make You Think Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2015 9:30 am by flipper09

» Member Introductions
Something To Make You Think Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2015 9:29 am by flipper09

» Hi!
Something To Make You Think Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2015 9:26 am by flipper09

» hello!
Something To Make You Think Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 10:13 am by flipper09

» Nancy Drew
Something To Make You Think Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 10:11 am by flipper09

» Welcome to the group
Something To Make You Think Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 10:07 am by flipper09

» new game on gamehouse
Something To Make You Think Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 10:05 am by flipper09

» Delicious: Emily's New Beginning
Something To Make You Think Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 3:17 pm by flipper09

Something To Make You Think

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mohala
MOD.
MOD.
mohala

Something To Make You Think Empty
PostSubject: Something To Make You Think   Something To Make You Think Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 8:11 pm

Something to make you think.

Cell phone vs. Bible

Ever wonder what would happen if we treated our Bible like we treat our cell phone?

What if we carried it around in our purses or pockets?

What if we flipped through it several time a day?

What if we turned back to go get it if we forgot it?

What if we used it to receive messages from the text?

What if we treated it like we couldn't live without it?

What if we gave it to kids as gifts?

What if we used it when we traveled?

What if we used it in case of emergency?

This is something to make you go....hmm...where is my Bible?

Oh, and one more thing. Unlike our cell phone, we don't have to worry about our Bible being disconnected because Jesus already paid the bill..

Back to top Go down
countrybelle2004
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Something To Make You Think   Something To Make You Think Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 10:17 pm

Hello!

Boy, that is indeed the most thought provoking analysis that I have heard lately. So very true. I just learned that I don't think of my bible near enough. But it's true. We depend on and carry around these 'lifesavers' like our cell phones, pda's, even laptops, every where we go while our bible (in lots of cases) lay on our mantle or nightstand and remembered when we go to bed and see it there or when we light the fireplace and see the bible perched there.

If I can be totally honest here (ashamedly though) If I spent as many times opening my bible and using it as I do my laptop then I would be able to read the entire bible in one week. Which means that by now I would probably know it all by heart, just like I know where each document, game and program is on my laptop. I know my laptop inside and out. Yet I have never, not once, read the entire bible. I no longer even remember the exact order of the books of the bible like I used to.

It's really hard to admit this, but it's true. Shame on me! In fact, things were so busy and out of whack that I lost alot of bible time doing other things. I just skipped it, knowing it will be there later. Before I knew it had been months since I had picked up my bible except to dust under it.

This comes as good timing and I consider it a direct message to me. I have been doing better the last 2 weeks. I have read my bible or an online bible passages or study every day for the past two weeks now. I'm getting back to my routines. I did not realize how far away I had put my bible. It seemed like only a few days but it had been much longer.
I kept saying and thinking that when I got this done or got caught up here and there that I would get back to my bible studies because I would have more time. YEA RIGHT!

If I wait until I have time to read, study and pray...I would never do any of them. Instead, I will read, study, pray and do everything else when I get the time. lol.
Sounds crazy but if I put that first, Jehovah will provide time for all the rest of the worldly stuff we must do.

Ok, Mohala...message received. lol

Thanks. I needed that.
Back to top Go down
https://myrazzles.forumotion.net
mohala
MOD.
MOD.
mohala

PostSubject: Re: Something To Make You Think   Something To Make You Think Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 6:15 pm

Your welcomed Trina. I needed this message too. A friend sent me this in an email and I sat and thought about it. If you can count how many times you pray in a day, or reading our Bibles each day (not the entire Bible), you're not doing it enough is my self analysis. So I thought it would be a nice post. After all, we are supposed to self examine each day aren't we?
Back to top Go down
Shamashe
Member.
Member.
Shamashe

PostSubject: Re: Something To Make You Think   Something To Make You Think Icon_minitimeFri Mar 12, 2010 3:51 am

Quit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1.Quit arguing with people about the same old foolishness! Respect their position and keep it moving!

2.Quit telling people your secrets when you know they are not going to keep them! And if you keep telling them, then quit getting mad when they tell your secrets!

3.Quit trying to pull people on your journey who don't want to travel with you. Either they believe in you and value you...or they don't! this should be #1

4.Quit complaining about things you can't and won't change!

5.Quit gossiping about other people! Minding our own business should be a full time job!

6.Quit blaming each other for things that in the big picture aren't going to matter three weeks from now! Talk solutions...and then implement them! Need some action Jackson!

7.Quit eating things you know are not good for you! If you can't quit...eat smaller portions! My Daniel Faster Ladies! I know it's Girl Scout Cookie time - one row is not a serving!

8.Quit buying things when we know we can't afford them! If you don't have self control, then quit going to the stores!Quit charging things, especially when you don't NEED them!

9.Quit staying in unhealthy relationships! It is not okay for people to verbally or physically abuse you! So quit lying to yourself! It is not okay to stay in the marriage for the children! Ask them and they will tell you that they really would prefer to see you happy and that the misery you and your spouse/partner are living with is affecting them!

10.Quit letting family members rope you into the drama! Start telling them you don't want to hear it!Quit spreading the drama!Quit calling other relatives and telling them about your cousin or aunt! Go back to #5 minding your own business should be enough to keep you busy!

11.Quit trying to change people! IT DOESN'T WORK!Quit cussing people out when you know that they are just being the miserable and jealous people that they are!

12.Quit the job you hate! Start pursuing your passion. Find the job that fuels your passion BEFORE you quit!

13.Quit volunteering for things that you aren't getting any personal fulfillment from anymore!Quit volunteering for things and then failing to follow through with your commitment!

14.Quit listening to the naysayers!Quit watching the depressing news if you are going to live in the doom and gloom of it all!

15.Quit making excuses about why you are where you are or why you can't do what you want to do!

16.Quit waiting on others to give you the answers...and start finding the answers for yourself! If what you are doing isn't working for you...then quit it!

17.Quit settling and start making your dreams a reality! Quit being afraid and START LIVING YOUR LIFE! CREATE THE LIFE YOU WANT! If you want something different than what you have had in the past...you must quit doing what you have done before and DO something different! JUST QUIT IT ...... and START DOING something to create the experience you want!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Something To Make You Think   Something To Make You Think Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Something To Make You Think
Page 1 of 1