MyRazzles Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MyRazzles Forums

Welcome to MyRazzles Online Forums

HomeTodaySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
l:   WEBSITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION    WEBSITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!     

HI, RAZZLES. THIS SITE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION. THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE!
Welcome to MyRazzles!
Latest topics
» MyRazzles 2016
A quote from Amelia Earhart Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 9:01 pm by countrybelle2004

» Welcome!
A quote from Amelia Earhart Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2015 9:30 am by flipper09

» Member Introductions
A quote from Amelia Earhart Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2015 9:29 am by flipper09

» Hi!
A quote from Amelia Earhart Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2015 9:26 am by flipper09

» hello!
A quote from Amelia Earhart Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 10:13 am by flipper09

» Nancy Drew
A quote from Amelia Earhart Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 10:11 am by flipper09

» Welcome to the group
A quote from Amelia Earhart Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 10:07 am by flipper09

» new game on gamehouse
A quote from Amelia Earhart Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 10:05 am by flipper09

» Delicious: Emily's New Beginning
A quote from Amelia Earhart Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 3:17 pm by flipper09

A quote from Amelia Earhart

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Candycrazy

A quote from Amelia Earhart Empty
PostSubject: A quote from Amelia Earhart   A quote from Amelia Earhart Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 10:29 am

Believe it or not, I found this quote while playing a computer game. Who say's computer games aren't educational! LOL I thought it was rather thought-provoking. What do you think?
'Courage is the price that life exacts for peace. The soul that knows it not, knows no release from little things, knows not the livid loneliness of fear.'

I guess in away it does take courage to live in peace, I know I am most at peace when I have stood up for my convictions. And to worry about little things there is no peace. When we are fearful it is a terrible loneliness. However I am not about to jump into a plance and fly like Amelia did! Can you imagine the courage it took her? Not only the fear of flying but, to go against the grain. To do things that were unseemly for women to do. Myself, I, think God gives us all different talents. People may not understand them but, the courage it takes will bring with it, it's own reward.
Wow deep subject for a Monday morning! LOL Candy
Back to top Go down
mohala
MOD.
MOD.
mohala

PostSubject: Re: A quote from Amelia Earhart   A quote from Amelia Earhart Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 6:56 pm

Yes it is a deep subject. But very good food for thought.
Back to top Go down
flipper09
Admin1
flipper09

PostSubject: A quote from Amelia Earhart   A quote from Amelia Earhart Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 7:56 pm

It is indeed a deep thought. But it is important to risk it to live out your dreams. You need to be willing to go for it, and that's not easy. I agree that God gives us different talents, and sometimes that means that we have to go against what society tells us is right. You have to be able to go with what you feel as right inside of yourself and not worry about what other people say about you. Amelia is one of my daughter Hannah's favorite people in history. She understands that what Amelia did is important in more than one way. What she did showed that following your dreams takes courage. But more than that, her parents encouraged the sisters to do what came naturally to them. They were never told " you can't do that". If only I can teach my children that, teach them to reach for the stars!
Back to top Go down
Shamashe
Member.
Member.
Shamashe

PostSubject: Re: A quote from Amelia Earhart   A quote from Amelia Earhart Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 9:27 pm

Hi flipper, what a lovely quote, and how great that your daughter admires Amelia. What you've said is true about living and courage... I always think of Amelia when thinking of women in history and what they've done - WHEN they've done it, she was not only the first woman piolet to fly... but at that time in history, a rare woman who flew at all. Shows what happens when we follow out dreams. Did you ever see the movie they recently did on her, I think Richard Gere played her husband, but I can't remember the actress right now. Hope you and your family are fairing well.
Back to top Go down
flipper09
Admin1
flipper09

PostSubject: A quote from Amelia Earhart   A quote from Amelia Earhart Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 9:55 pm

My daughters and I are hoping to buy that movie when it comes out on dvd. It is the kind of movie we can all enjoy together. It's cool that my daughters and I share so much. We are fairing well, thank you. We just found out last night that my ex went to jail. He might only be there for 6 months, but it's better than nothing. My children and I can sleep at night knowing he is off the streets. Thank you! I think the actress that played Amelia in that movie was Hilary Swank. I think it would be good to share that movie with my children. It shows them what you can do when you believe in yourself. I try to teach them that if they believe in themselves, they can do anything. The world is theirs, and it's their time to shine!
Back to top Go down
Shamashe
Member.
Member.
Shamashe

PostSubject: Re: A quote from Amelia Earhart   A quote from Amelia Earhart Icon_minitimeThu Feb 04, 2010 10:24 pm

Yes, thank you - movie memory loss there.

Wow, congrats - with the ex! May you finally be able to take a very deep breath.

I love how you write about your daughters, they are indeed fortunate to have such a caring mom and they sound like really great girls. In these days and times, it's wonderful to have such a positive family spirit and the insight to let them become... You deserve much credit for your obvious attentiveness to their needs and it sounds like to your own as well.

Not to sound like a fortune cookie here - but, I wish for you that loving presence surrounds you and good fortune find you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A quote from Amelia Earhart   A quote from Amelia Earhart Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A quote from Amelia Earhart
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
MyRazzles Forums :: General Discussion :: What's On Your Mind?-
Jump to: