MyRazzles Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
MyRazzles Forums

Welcome to MyRazzles Online Forums

HomeTodaySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
l:   WEBSITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION    WEBSITE UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!     

HI, RAZZLES. THIS SITE IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION. THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE!
Welcome to MyRazzles!
Latest topics
» MyRazzles 2016
Baby Shower Info Sites Icon_minitimeFri Jan 29, 2016 9:01 pm by countrybelle2004

» Welcome!
Baby Shower Info Sites Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2015 9:30 am by flipper09

» Member Introductions
Baby Shower Info Sites Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2015 9:29 am by flipper09

» Hi!
Baby Shower Info Sites Icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2015 9:26 am by flipper09

» hello!
Baby Shower Info Sites Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 10:13 am by flipper09

» Nancy Drew
Baby Shower Info Sites Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 10:11 am by flipper09

» Welcome to the group
Baby Shower Info Sites Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 10:07 am by flipper09

» new game on gamehouse
Baby Shower Info Sites Icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 10:05 am by flipper09

» Delicious: Emily's New Beginning
Baby Shower Info Sites Icon_minitimeWed Nov 19, 2014 3:17 pm by flipper09

Baby Shower Info Sites

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
countrybelle2004
Admin
Admin

Baby Shower Info Sites Empty
PostSubject: Re: Baby Shower Info Sites   Baby Shower Info Sites Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 11:08 am

I am so thankful for your help, Shamashe.

I know I will be doing:

Never say Baby
Guess mommy's tummy size
Safety pin guess

I want to do pin the baby on mommy, just not sure if the "mommy" would tolerate everyone being touchy touchy. lol

Oh no, I can't do that one. You know what I just thought about? We will have about 30 people, male and female. It might not be a good idea to let blindfolded men try to pin a belly, especially if they have bad aim, if you know what I mean?

That's okay, there are plenty more to choose from. Thanks to Shamashe.
Back to top Go down
https://myrazzles.forumotion.net
Candycrazy

PostSubject: Shamashe   Baby Shower Info Sites Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 1:14 pm

Shamashe, the next time you have a party, please invite me! LOL Sounds like a lot of fun! Candy
Back to top Go down
mohala
MOD.
MOD.
mohala

PostSubject: Re: Baby Shower Info Sites   Baby Shower Info Sites Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2010 1:42 pm

Ok Shamashe maybe I should have said cold as a penguins butt. (lol) And guess what today was the same and pain and exaustion to go along with it. (lol)
Many Hugs
~Mohala~
Back to top Go down
countrybelle2004
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Baby Shower Info Sites   Baby Shower Info Sites Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 8:15 pm

Wow! Thanks so much. Those are some really great games.

This is so great. One less thing to deal with. Thank you so very much. I will still check out those websites here in a bit when I get the kids down for the night and get some peace and quiet. It's been a loud and rowdy day. lol
Back to top Go down
Shamashe
Member.
Member.
Shamashe

PostSubject: Re: Baby Shower Info Sites   Baby Shower Info Sites Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 6:56 pm

Also a few sites: thought the web form might be easier to access. Hope I haven't added to your overload - these seem like easy pick sites! Let me know if I can help any more... Good Luck!

The previous games post came from this site:
http://www.babyshower101.com/

You can print these forms:
http://www.babyshowergamesatoz.com/baby-shower-party-games.asp?cat=19&gclid=CKXY65v-mp8CFQJaagodg0r9Ug

http://www.parents.com/baby/shower/games/fun-baby-shower-games/

Good planning site:
http://www.baby-shower.com/sections/survival.html

More printable games, planning and including men info:
http://babyshowergamesetc.com/baby-shower-men-welcome-too.php

http://www.babyshowerscentral.com/

http://www.baby-shower.com/d-games/index.html

If you have time to order online Pooh decor:
http://www.partypail.com/winnie-the-pooh-baby-shower.html?gclid=CKLCudSBm58CFQMsawodX3QD9g

Misc:
http://www.baby-shower.com/story/baby-shower-poems/winnie-the-pooh-poem.html

http://www.amazing-baby-shower-ideas.com/baby-shower-theme-pooh.html

http://pooh-clipart.com/

http://www.babbee.com/
Back to top Go down
Shamashe
Member.
Member.
Shamashe

PostSubject: Re: Baby Shower Info Sites   Baby Shower Info Sites Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 6:39 pm

BABY SHOWER GAMES

Baby shower games at your baby shower can be one of the most memorable experiences during the pre-baby events that will take place for the days to come. Part of making the experience successful is by thoughtful party planning and having fun baby shower games! Before starting the baby shower games, it is always good to go around the room first as an ice breaker and have everyone introduce themselves and how they know the Mother-To-Be. Below we have listed the most popular baby shower games to play during the baby shower. Here are some baby shower prize ideas when playing baby shower games.

1) Guess Mom's Tummy Size: (Materials- String or yarn and scissors) Have each woman pull the yarn to the size they believe would fit perfectly around the Mother-To-Be's center of her pregnant tummy. After everyone cuts their string, compare the results to the Mommy-To-Be's actual tummy. Give a prize to the woman who is the most close! This is a baby shower favorite.

2) Never say "Baby": (Materials- baby safety pins or another type of baby object you can place on a string for each woman at the party as well as string or yarn, enough for each woman to wear as a necklace). Have each woman place the necklace with the baby safety pins around her neck when she gets to the party. The rules for this baby shower game are given out at the beginning of the baby shower that whenever someone says the word "baby" during the shower, any woman who calls it out gets a pin from the other woman who stated the word. At the end of the baby shower, the woman with the most pins wins a prize.

3) How Many Baby Items Can You Name: (Materials- pad of paper and pen for each woman). Have each woman write down as many baby products as they can name (bottle, blanket, pacifier, etc) within 5 minutes. Sure it is easy at the beginning, but towards the last few minutes, the women will start racking their brains for more Smile Give a prize to the woman who gets the most baby products named!

4) Who Can Make The Mother-To-Be's Baby: (Materials - Baby magazines, Scissors, Glue, Paper). Have the women group up into teams of 3 and give each 3 baby magazines. Have them cut out pieces of different baby qualities and put together a picture of what they think the Mother-To-Be's baby will look like. Have the Mother-To-Be pick which baby would possibly look like hers the best! Give prizes to the winning team! One of the top baby shower games!

5) Guess The Gerber's: (Materials - Gerber's infant food, pads of paper and pens). Take the labels off of the baby food jars and have the women at the baby shower guess the food (carrots, peas, sweet potato). Most fun to play up to 10 jars of different kinds of foods. If there is a tie, blindfold the women and have them taste one of the jars and guess the right flavor to win their prize.

6) Guess How Many Safety Pins: (Materials- Safety Pins and Jar). Pass around a jar full of baby safety pins. The one who guesses the closest wins a baby shower prize. A baby shower game favorite!

One of our visitors, Lynn, stated that she filled a clear plastic container (about 50 qt size with disposable diapers) all the same size (size 1) and had people guess how many diapers were in the container. Of course, container and contents go to mom since, as we all know, you can never have enough diapers. This baby shower game is very functional for the mommy-to-be!

You can find great baby shower party favors to help with the baby shower games as well as to decorate your party!

7) How Well Do You Know Mommy-To-Be: (Materials- Pre-Printed Form and pen for each woman). Have each women guess what features she wants most on the baby from either her or her husband (Daddy-To-Be). An example of this idea is found below:

Attribute Mommy Daddy
Eyes X
Ears X
Nose X
Legs X
Hair X
Smile X
Intelligence X
Humor X
Other X
Select 25 attributes and ask everyone to fill in the form from what each woman feels the "mommy-to-be's" point of view" will be. After everyone checks off the list, have the mommy-to-be state her preference. The one with the most correct match to the Mommy-To-Be wins a prize. This is a great baby shower game!

Cool Place The Baby On The Mommy: (Materials- Cutouts of a baby with tape and blindfold). Another one of our favorite baby shower games is the baby shower version of Pin The Tail on the Donkey. Blindfold each participant and then give them a paper baby to then approach the mom and place the baby as close to the tummy as possible. The one who gets closest to placing the paper baby on the pregnant tummy wins.

9) Bottle Races: (Materials- Baby bottles with Milk or alternate drink). Have each participant take a bottle filled with a liquid and suck the bottle as a baby would. The woman who drinks the most in an alloted time wins the baby shower gift. This baby shower game gets everyone laughing!

10) Baby Bingo: (Materials- Pens, Pre-Printed Bingo cards that use the numbers of how many people attend the baby shower) Prior to opening the baby shower gifts, number each gift on the box starting with one. If you know that 15 people will be attending your shower, pre-print bingo cards with numbers 1 through 15 and randomly place them on 15 cards. When the mommy-to-be's decides to open the presents, she grabs the present she wants to open and reads the number out loud. As soon as someone receives bingo, they win the baby shower game and the baby shower prize.

11) "B" is for Baby: (Materials paper and pens passed out to all the women). Each woman is told to write the babies Mom-To-Be and Father-To-Be's name on a paper going vertically down the page. Next to each letter of both names, create a word that is baby related or things that kids like. An example of using the names Kim and Dan:

K= kite D=drool
I= ice cream A=alphabet
M= mother N=nap
The one who guesses the most words that are the same as the mother-to-be wins a prize.

12) Guess the baby item: (Materials- any baby products and blindfold). A bag of baby items are placed in front of the mother-to-be for her to take one item out at a time blindfolded and tell her baby shower guests what item she has in her hands. This is really fun baby shower game when you choose some crazy baby toys or products.

13) Finish the Baby Rhyme: (Materials- baby rhyme game or a book containing the rhymes). Have the host read out loud a part of the rhyme to be finished by the other women. Let's see how many Baby Shower Guests can finish the following Rhymes we have all grown up with:

1) Mary had a little lamb, it's _____________ was white as snow.

2) Baa, baa, black sheep, have you any _____________?

3) Mary, Mary, quite _____________, how does your garden grow?

4) Rub-a-dub-dub, three men in a tub, and how do you think ____________ _____________ ____________?

5) Pat-a-cake, pat-a-cake, _________________ ________________!

6) Little Jack Horner, sat in a corner, eating his ______________ pie;

7) Little Miss Muffet, sat on a tuffet, eating her ________________ and _______________.

Cool Peter Piper picked a peck of ____________ _____________.

9) One, two, buckle my shoe, three four, _____________ at the door.

10) Peter, Peter, pumpkin-eater, had a wife but couldn't ____________ her.

11) Old Mother Hubbard, went to the _______________.

12) There was an old woman, who lived in a _______________.

13) Jack Sprat could eat no fat, his wife could eat no ___________.

14) Hey diddle, diddle, the ____________ and the fiddle.

15) Rock-a-bye baby, on the __________________.

Here are the answers below to the questions. It is great to give the winner a baby shower small gift for participating. Read the answers that people have put out loud since you will have some funny ones.

1) fleece 2) wool 3) contrary 4) they got there 5) Baker's man
6) Christmas 7) curds, whey Cool pickled peppers 9) knock 10) keep
11) cupboard 12) shoe 13) lean 14) cat 15) treetop
To print out this game, turn on your printer, click here, when the checklist comes up, click the "File --> Print Option" in your browser).

14) Guess the baby pictures: Ask for everyone's pictures prior to the baby shower. Have all the pictures in a collage and make lines for people to fill in who they think the babies are out of the girls at the baby shower. If most women don't know each other, just have the pictures of the mother, mother-in-law, sisters, and mommy-to-be. See how many people guess right. You can make copies of the baby picture collage to see how many can guess right!

15) Baby Scrambler: Another fun baby shower game is to choose around 25 baby related items and scramble the spelling. For instance, pacifier can be changed to reiifpca. Have the women unscramble the words. The one who gets the most right in 5 min receives a baby shower prize.
Back to top Go down
Shamashe
Member.
Member.
Shamashe

PostSubject: Re: Baby Shower Info Sites   Baby Shower Info Sites Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 6:33 pm

So - a thumb twiddling game then? :-))) I'll get back to you shortly...
Back to top Go down
countrybelle2004
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Baby Shower Info Sites   Baby Shower Info Sites Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 5:19 pm

I'm usually good at these things. I'm a born planner/organizer. I just feel overwhelmed with everything, and already helping with a wedding. This is my first baby shower though.

Boy
Winnie the pooh
30 guests (17-60) (Men & Women)
2 p.m to about 5 p.m
Informal

I basically have the menu covered. I doing an array of finger foods and appetizers.

I'm just not myself right now and my mind seems to be on vacation. I don't want to end up without a plan. I will just die if I'm stuck with that many people all sitting around twiddling their thumbs and staring at each other.

Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
Shamashe
Member.
Member.
Shamashe

PostSubject: Re: Baby Shower Info Sites   Baby Shower Info Sites Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 4:51 pm

Hi, what kind of help do you need specifically? Just game ideas or other?
Here's a few questions. Color scheme? Buy new or use what you have? How many guests/age spread? What kind of gathering - formal, informal, food, tea, just dessert, any? Time of day/night? Only women there or men too? Boy, Girl, neutral or specific theme (like winnie the pooh)? Just you or have help?
Sorry, event planner thoughts here - I'll send you some site with shower games on them, getting interrupted here - gotta go, more later :-))
Back to top Go down
countrybelle2004
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Baby Shower Info Sites   Baby Shower Info Sites Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2010 3:57 pm

My daughters baby shower is the 30th and I need to come up with some fun activities and planning to make things smooth and enjoyable. Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by countrybelle2004 on Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Baby Shower Info Sites   Baby Shower Info Sites Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Baby Shower Info Sites
Page 1 of 1